Hairstyling/Biotin and Oily hair

Ronnie wrote at 2009-11-29 20:25:28
Simply Put: YES, ABSOLUTELY YES. Biotin works with the body's sex and growth hormones either increasing their production or facilitating its entrance into the skin cells, in fact that is the reason why Biotin works by speeding the growth and thickness of hair and nails, as it happens the endocrine glands which are the sebum (oil) producing cells in the skin are also receptive to those hormones so they are stimulated to produce more oils than otherwise. So much so that it has been reported that Biotin supplementation produces hirsutism (facial hair) in women, as well as acne and/or oily skin in both sexes    

I hope this info helps

Ronnie (Med Student)

Emmie wrote at 2015-04-27 16:45:06
So the exact same thing happened to me! I started taking it and a week or so later my hair started getting so oily at the scalp within 12 hours it looked like 2 1/2 day old hair. I am taking a high dose of biotin every morning. I don't believe it is a coincidence.

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in