Hairstyling/used rosemary oil burned scalp

KGB9000 wrote at 2009-09-12 00:04:00
When you use rosemary oil you are always suppose to mix it with a carrier oil.  This is like olive oil, jojoba oil and such things like this.  One thing you never do is apply rosemary oil directly to the scalp.  You must always use a carrier oil.  Also you could of had an allergic reaction because we can be allergic to pratically anything.

the sherry wrote at 2012-11-29 15:03:27
This happened to me also, with the rosemary burning my scalp, I had to rush home to shampoo it out, I put the rosemary oil directly on the center/top/crown of my head, and it started burning right not my hair middle is very short the hair had fallen out,this happened about 2months ago. I have seen some new growth because i have been using a peppermint conditioner weekly to stimulate some growth and it has been working, it is still thin but at least it is growing. I am now scared to relax my hair which really needs some relaxing but I have to be wearing a wig so my hair can recover. :(  

Dana Sear

I can answer questions on all types of hairstyling, cutting, designing, coloring, corrective color, perming techniques,product knowledge, and in general, anything that has anything to do with hair. PLEASE NOTE: I am a professional designer and trainer. I do hair and teach advanced classes to licensed designers. I do not, under any circumstances, recommend doing chemical services including but not limited to relaxers, perms, color, highlights, or any other chemical service at home. I will not tell you how to use professional products nor will I tell you how to do your color at home. What I CAN do is arm you with current and accurate information and help you to be able to better communicate with your stylist/designer. I can also help you with what you need to do at home to maintain, protect, and treat your hair.

I have been a designer and educator for 31 years. I have been a salon consultant for Redken, affiliate trainer for ABBA Pure and Natural, Director of Education for my own salon and am currently a member of the design team and advanced trainer for my company. I specialize in corrective color, perming and style support, and image updates (make overs)

I have been actively licensed for 31 years. I actively participate in and teach cutting, perming, coloring, and business building classes. I am a REDKEN Certified Haircolorist, and REDKEN Specialist. I also have extensive training in Structure in Motion Cutting Techniques and Tigi Cutting.