Hairstyling/meds or vitamins/herbs effects on perms

Nancy wrote at 2011-08-19 23:17:34
I appreciate the answer to the medication question.  Although I am a retired nurse, I have never been able to find out which of my personal meds were affecting my hair.  I do take antihypertensives and hypothyroid meds.  I know that the thyroid problems automatically makes my hair thinner and brittle.  I have been able to get perms and usually get one every 3 months.  I just started going to Fantastik Sam's again and they do use the clarifying shampoo.  Once it was not used and my hair was much dryer and the perm not as good.  Again thank you so much for this information.

cheryl wrote at 2013-02-26 20:36:35
I have had two clients in 18 yrs that was on antihistamines and the perm results was terrible there ment to dry you up and everthing goes to your hair and so does a antihistamibe and if you go back to your cosmotology book it says to avoid  

Hairstyling

Hairman