Hairstyling/My perm didn't take

Rose Star wrote at 2014-02-19 05:05:55
You should not leave the perm solution on the hair for more than 10 min and should be checked at 5 min to avoid breakage.  They MUST leave the neutralizer on the air 5 minutes and not a minute less.  They MUST rinse really well at least 5 minutes after the perm and another 5 minutes after the neutralizer.  NEVER condition perm after the perm and NEVER put leave in conditioner.  they should NOT have conditioned your hair after the perm.  This takes out the perm.  Wait 7 to 10 days before washing or conditioning or any product of any kind on the hair. If you do the perm will not last as long. The person did NOT do a good perm for you.  You must get a really good person who has experience doing perms.  Perms are not common now so hard to find this with young stylists.  If you can get someone 50 years old that's best as they worked through the 80ties and know how to give a perm.  I had a perm today for the 1st time in 10 years.  I wanted a body perm and the 'young' stylist said use purple and it's a very tight perm and not a body wave.   She left it on 10 min and it's fried.  She wanted to leave it 15 min bu ther 'mother', an older stylist, stopped her saying not worth the risk of frying my hair.  Well, she fiddled around a few more minutes getting me to the rinse part and it fried except for one roll on top of my head where I need lift and that section did not take.  The rest is curly fried.  I tried to find the woman who gave the great perm I got 10 years ago and she can't be found.  YOU HAVE TO GET A GOOD PERSON WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND THEN YOU WILL GET A GOOD PERM.  GOOD LUCK finding someone.  It's nearly impossible because the front desk clerks will always say so-and-so is really good and they are NOT.  

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in