Hairstyling/need hair styling tips

Question
Jared Padalecki
Jared Padalecki  
QUESTION: How do i style my hair like Jared Padalecki from supernatural tv show?

i already have the haircut. but i try to make it stlye the way his is, and it just waves a little at the tips instead of being straight, and it weighs down all over my eyes instead of staying to the side and it is a little too poofy. Also, it frizzes too, especially at the widows peak hair.

i use mousse to help it out but still dont look the same.

how can i make it look like his in the picture?

http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery/sam-winchester-picture.jpg

help would be appreciated. thanks

ANSWER: Hiya Javi,

First of all, it sounds like you have curly hair. If you do, it is not going to look like Jared's. His hair is pretty straight. The waves you see come from cow licks and growth patterns from what I can tell.

Mousse is not your best bet. Mousse is designed to give you volume. What you need is a gel or a styling cream designed to smooth your hair. A serum, like Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum or Moroccan Oil will help tame the frizz and getting rid of the mousse will help eliminate the poof.

What you might consider is having your hair straightened or smoothed.

Another option is to try a product line that I only recently discovered. It's called Razzamatazz and it's designed for hair like yours that tends to expand and frizz. You can find it here. By using the shampoo, conditioner, and in your case, maybe the gel, you'll be able to control the frizz and expansion,(poof) and it will lay better. I especially like the leave in conditioner and the gel in this product line. You can take a look here: http://www.razzamatazz.net/m1/Razzamatazz/index.html

Good luck,

dana

QUESTION: Thanks for the response.
Actually, my hair is sort of wavy and not curly.
The only problem I have is that it doesn't stay styled, that the hair at the forehead does not stay pushed to the side like the pictures and it just falls over my eyes.
I'm just trying to get that clean straight look.
Again thanks for the help.

Answer
Well, my advice remains the same. Get rid of the mousse. Also, haircutting and even styling is all geometry. To get your hair to stay to the side, it has to be cut to do so and then styled in the direction you want it to stay. Using gel rather than mousse will help. Wavy and curly hair act basically the same. You'll need to apply your styling product and blow your hair smooth and to the side. Your stylist can help by showing you how best to do this. The way you hold the dryer, whether or not you use a brush, etc., all depends on the texture and growth patterns. If changing your styling product doesn't help, ask your stylist to show you what to do. I do this for all my clients when they get a new style. It seems like it should be easy enough to figure out but when you're trying to mimic the style of someone with hair different than yours you need a bit of help. You still might consider a smoothing treatment of some sort. Ask your stylist about Iso ManeTamer or Brocato CurlInterrupted (all one word) There are many products of this type available so your stylist may have a different brand but this will give him/her and idea of what you're asking about. It will make styling your hair a breeze and get rid of the frizz.  

Hairstyling

Dana Sear