Hairstyling/hair cut point cut

Sunnyvegas wrote at 2012-04-13 14:19:09
Oh, no, no, no....point cutting is NOT for ALL hair types, and if your stylist says such, THEY ARE WRONG.  It worked the same as texturing on my frizzy, slightly wavy hair.  I always get layers, but this is the first time I got point cut layering by a different stylist.  Maybe it has to do with length as well.  Longest layer is at my shoulder.  I even asked her when I noticed she was doing something different if I would make my hair look more frizzy like when I had it texturized before.  She said no.  Boy was SHE WRONG!!!  Don't do it if you have my type hair!

Tlynn wrote at 2015-04-19 03:04:16
Ok, the person answering sounds like the idiot who point cut my hair and ruined it. This is a technique that should never be used. You can condition all you want and it's not going to help. My ends actually look split and damaged. They also break very easily now. I have so many flyaway hairs I can't even roll it anymore. The only solution is to let it grow, careful styling to not split the ends more. Or gradually trim the ends until it grows out.

The best way to tell if your layers are even is to pull the same section of hair from each side toward your face at the same time. It will have either pulled evenly when you have reached the ends or the longer strands will remain in your hands when you reach the ends.

My layers did not look like layers at all. It looked more chopped with no method to it. Some places looked blunt others looked pointed with a few super long hairs at the ends that did not get cut at with the rest at all. In other places my ends did this weird flip out that I couldn't control.  

Hairstyling

Dana Sear