Hairstyling/Want to go a little darker......

Question
QUESTION: I currently use straight 6NN on my medium brown natural hair color. I have used 5NN before and it really made my hair dark and tough to go lighter so I'm curious what else I can use? I really don't want a complicated formula just as an FYI. I use 6% developer and have really resistant grey also. Thanks for any help!

ANSWER: Beth,
 You don't say why you want a new formula, but from the tone of your note I must assume that you want your colour just a bit darker. You are using s colour for resistant hair. If you want it a bit darker, but not as dark as the 5 would make it, then combining the two, either 3/4 of 6 and 1/4 of 5 or equal parts of the two would give you a result between the two without darkening too much.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

QUESTION: Thanks! What is the best method and time amount to do a full head color instead of just roots if I go to a slightly darker shade? Normally I just do my roots with the color and then pull through extra of the mixture on the rest of my head and have it sit for 10-15 minutes, but didn't know what would be best for this situation.

Beth

Answer
Beth,
 Usually when changing colour, the colour is applied to the entire head for the full processing time. But that also depends on the hair porosity. If the hair is more porous, then not as much time on the ends.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

Hairstyling

Hairman