Hairstyling/Hair Styles for School?

Question
What are some quick, easy, and fast hairstyles that I can do in about 5-10 minutes before school in the morning? I have overgrown bangs, dark hair, some layers, and its abouta little below shoulder length. I like to keep my bangs out of my face because they get very annoying, and I try to avoid using heat.

Also, are there any overnight texture changing styles I can do? I have straight, thin hair and it gets boring. Ive tried sleeping on braids but that's about it. The sock bun doesn't work on me, and I'd like to find out a heat free overnight way to curl my hair in the morning that will Stay In.
Thanks!

Answer
Kat,
 There are many things you can do that would be fairly easy. You can get benders, which are long, flexible spongy rollers. With hair slightly damp (too damp and it may not dry) roll larger sections and then just bend the end to keep it in place. Very easy to use. The smaller the section, the more curl you get. Always use some mousse for body and hold. In te morning just remove the benders and finger, shake or brush for different looks.
 You can make large pin curls, also on slightly damp hair to create softer waves.
You can also use ropes to set your hair. Go to Home Depot and get nylon rope in 1/2, 3/4 or 1 inch thickness. You buy it by the yard there. Cut it into 12-15 inch lengths. Roll sections on the rope and tie the rope ends into a knot to secure. The smaller the rope and smaller the section, the more curl.
You will want to use setting end papers for these and the benders to control the ends.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

Hairstyling

Hairman