Hairstyling/Split ends

Question
How do you cut split ends? I want to cut my own ends because they are really bad and I have almost no money. ($5)

What should I use? Regular scissors or shears?

I have African American 3c hair. (Kinky-curly)

What should I do?

When are the appropriate times to go and cut my ends, every week? Every month?  

If it helps some more I have shoulder length, medium length hair

Answer
Cia,
 Strimming split ends is easily done at home and can be done safely. This should be done about every 4-6 weeks. Take strands of hair about 1/2 to 1/3 inch thick and twist, then run your fingers up the strand, toward the scalp. This will make the little ends stand up along the strand and you can carefully trim just those ends. Simple as that.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

Hairstyling

Hairman