Hairstyling/Dark Roots

Hi Don,
when I went in for my root touch up she used a level 5NN and I told her last time she mixed a level 5N and a level 6N, but she said no it was just a level 5N. Now my roots are darker and they are not fading to the color that is on the rest of my hair. The first time she colored my hair I thought it looked dark but then it faded to a nice brown, this time it's not fading or at least not to the nice brown. It is darker and you can see that its darker. When I go back for my root touch up can she go back to the level 5N mix with the level 6N? Can I just switch to a level 6NN? Is there a difference with N and NN? Thank You!

NN is deeper than N and is use to cover stubborn gray.
The fact that u know your formulas is strange and unprofessional to me.
A colorist never devulges any of that.
Find yourself reputable colorist and allow her to fix the situation.

Don Orlando

25 years experience in all aspects of hair color. I am the Color Director at a well known NYC salon. Member of the American Board Certified Hair Colorists. I will try to answer any and all questions pertaining to hair color and hair color correction in a direct and timely fashion.

25 yrs coloring hair with 15 yrs color director at a large NYC hair salon.

Inter-Couffiere and Wella International

Robert Fiance Beauty Institute NYC, Goldwell Institute and Wella USA

American Board of Certified Hair Colorists