Hairstyling/Demi Disaster!

After the wella demi
After the wella demi  

the washout results one week later
the washout results on  
So I have been using clairol demi-permanent 10A on my roots for about a year.  Before that I used to balayage highlights on my hair while using Ion color brilliance in a 9n.  I Loved the way my roots looked when I started using the demi, and I never had to damage my long waist length blonde hair by bleaching it. My natural hair color is about a 7a.  Well...I wanted to go darker to about a 7-8n for the winter, so I used Umberto Ucolor demi in a level 8.  It came out nice in my root but silvery on my bleached strands on the top and sides of my head.  So instead of attempting to fix it on my own I went to a salon.  She used a level 5n DEMI on my roots...and added 5n demi lowlights throughout my head leaving the bottom bleachless hair alone. I HATED it!!  It looked silver and muddy brown and HORRIBLE.  So...I went to another salon...and they used wella demi and mixed 7red with 8natural, and although it came out wonderful I sent a was too red for me and too dark and within a week the color on my bleached strands faded to a horrible gray and the root is almost a auburn brown.  I like the color of my root but if my bleached strands cannot hold the color then I would just like to go back to blonde the healthiest way possible.  they did use a filler as well.  I cannot stand the colors that are coming through every time I wash my hair, see the 2nd pic.  I heard of using a soap cap but without bleach and using developer instead?  Or I have effasol color remover....but I am scared both of these will take my auburned root to a burnt orange.  Any suggestions???  I wanted to send you pics of each hair color...but the site only allows 2...

I fully understand your desire to maintain the contition of your hair and agree with your effort. For this fix however, you'll have to depart from this thought for the moment. They will have to do what we call a cleansing cap, or some know it as a French fluff. They will want to mix equal parts powder bleach, 10 volume developer, shampoo and distilled water. Once it is mixed they can put it in an applicator bottle (AFTER mixing, not mixing IN the bottle, ot it will have lumps and not come out) and apply quickly to the entire affected area, root to end and begin checking in one minute. This will remove the off tone cast from the bleached ends and gently lighten the auburn root area in just a couple minutes. They only want to lift very slightly, so they must work quickly and rinse as soon as the silver cast is gone. If necessary, they can then do a neutral demi colout on the root area, leaving the ends alone, or using a gold for the ends. They will want to strand test before applying to the ends, to be sure of end result. This will really not damage or dry the hair, but the off tones must be cleaned off, not just covered over.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in