Hairstyling/hair color

Hello! I would like your opinion on hair coloring. I am 26 years old, and i would like to dye my hair
lighter. My hair is naturally a medium brown (about level 5) and overall healthy (although fine). Last time
I dyed it was before 5 months- a darker brown. My skin is light with a slight yellow undertone-I usually
wear the lightest or second lightest shade in makeup. My eyes are a light brown-honey color. Should I opt
for all-over highlights or an ombre look , or do you think a touch of blonde will make me look washed out? Also,if I finally go for it, which shades of blonde highlights will suit me most?
Thank you in advance!

Without seeing a picture I must go by your description. I will however, suggest that you consult with your stylist before prceding to be sure. If your eyes are a honey brown, that would lead me to believe that they have gold in them. This, along with yellow undertones would make me saay you are warmer tomed rather than cooler. In this case you would opt for warmer or golder tones in your haircolour. If this is the case, an ombre effect would be great, as they are often done in warmer mid-range tones rather than pale blondes. The pale blonde would no doubt wash you out.
Either way, if you still have any of the old colour left on your ends they will need to lift some of that off for many of your options to work, as the dark colour ends may affect the outcome if not addressed first.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in