Hairstyling/Hair issues

SO here's the deal. My hair is pretty soft all around but is naturally wavy. Anyway, i have like three big hunks of hair on the underneath that are the consistency of an Afro. Why are they like that, and is there anyway to fix it?

This is verty common, to have areas of dig=ffering texture. There is nothing you can do to change the way it grows, although sometimes it does change on its own. You can however have those areas altered with a chemical relaxer to open the curl pattern and make it more manageable. It can also be done with a perming technique to specifically match the rest mroe closely, althouhg this method is a bit mroe involved. Instead of just relaxing the curl, for this technique the hair would first be relaxed and then curled again to create the desired pattern. These can easily be done at your salon and either will last a few months until it grows aout and needs to be retouched at the new growth.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in