Hairstyling/hair problem

QUESTION: hello,

I am Anveysha, from India. I am 19 years old, i have black hair but i have started growing grey hair in the middle section but now it has started growing in the front(i.e. just in the middle of my forehead) and it has become very embarrassing for me as i cant hide the front hair. also, i am having dandruff problem and i have frizzy hair...

i also thought about hair straightening and coloring my hair.
will hair coloring(dark brown or light brown color) help me in  hiding my grey hair. should i go for rebonding or smoothening for soft and straight natural looking hair.
also, can you please tell me the difference between the two and which one should i prefer.
please help me as soon as possible, what can i do for this problem?

Thank you,

ANSWER: Anveysha,
 Hair colour will help cover the grey and will need retouching at the new growth every 4-8 weeks, depending on how quickly your hair grows and the concentration of grey.
 For the dandruff, you want to first determine whather it is actually dandruff, which is usually oily, or flaking caused by dry skin. If dandruff, you want to use a dandruff shampoo and scrub well to exfoliate the scalp to get rid of the problem. If it's dry flaking, you want to also scrub well with moisturizing shampoo and then to moisturize, working your moisturizing conditioner into the scalp, just like you would use moisturizer for your skin. Leave it a few minutes before rinsing YOur scalp has a complexion just like the rest of your body.
 As for the frizz, smoothing is usually done to remove frizz and reduce curl somewhat. Rebonding will give the straight look you seem to be asking for.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

QUESTION: Thank you so much helping me out.
i would also like to ask you about rebonding and hair coloring , I have heard that rebonding gives a flat look to hairs and does not give a natural bouncy look? Is it true ?
Because i want to keep my hairs open and i wantt to try new hairstyles.
and for hair coloring should i go for full length color on just some part of my hair?
For how much time does rebonding and hair color stay?

Will rebonding and hair color will damage my hair afterwards? i am very confused because i am just 19 years old and i don't want to spoil my hair quality after this.

Thank you

Any chemical service will damage the hair if not done properly, especially rebonding, and even moreso if colour is added on top of this service. Done wrong they can be a disaster when combined. As far as flatness, straight hair does not fluff. volume anf luff requires some wave or movement in the hair, so in this case rebonding would not be appropriate for you. Then jusut a smoothing service would better suit your needs.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in