Hairstyling/Used Feria / roots turned orange

Question
"I actually like the color on the midshaft and ends. My hair is also in pretty good condition...so far.  I had it done by someone who has done a good job with Redken before. But for some reason my roots turned orange with Feria. I used Feria T40 Espresso. My natural color is a level 2.

Now to cover the orange, would I use a demi-perm. for a while or what other method would correct this? Obviously she'll help fix it, but I'm curious if there are other opinions on how to best go about this.

I just want a dark brown with the shimmeriness that matches the rest of my hair. I've used Clairol Radiance Demi in the past, and also Ion Demi at another time before but not after using a permanent. In fact I had never had permanent until now. My hair is in good condition though. Your suggestions would be very welcome

Answer
Helen,
 This often happens when a lighter colour is applied to new growth where a darker colour is growing out. SInce a lighter colour won't lift a darker one, only the new growth is lightened and the rest remains darker, hence the hot roots.
 You are right that a demi permanent would be the best bet for correcting this with the least damage. You just have to choose a colour at least as darck as the mid-shaft of the hair, otherwise you will still have the same problem, just less evident.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

Hairstyling

Hairman