Hairstyling/Wave texture

I really love beach wave texture on my hair, but its hard for me to achieve this because my hair is so straight! Curling irons don't really work for me so what I have been doing is braiding my hair at night. So far, its the only thing that has worked for me. However I have been getting tired of braiding it so much. Recently, I have discovered that Ulta offers wave textures in their salon so I wanted to get one. I'm not sure if its worth it though. I am afraid that it will come out wrong or it will make my hair look like a birds nest! My natural hair is so limp and flat that it will definitely not be an option to wear it naturally! What is your opinion on it?

This look is very popular and is good for perming. What you would want to do is bring a picture os beach waves to the salon, but make sure it is a naturally dried example and not one that has been styled to look like that. I say this because you will not get the same "styled" look with a perm. HOWEVER, once it is permed, even if it is not totally suitable for natural drying (such as if your hair is fine ro thin) it will still have the additional body from the perm so that it will hold the style when you style it.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in