Hairstyling/Red is fading to orange-Goldwell

Hairstylist wrote at 2013-09-19 16:30:30
Red pigment in haircolor is smaller than other colors, hence the orange...the red is coming out (every red heads dillemma).  Put a color sealer in your hair after coloring and wash hair less often with a color care shampoo. Also take care of your hair and avoid heat or swimming in chlorinaded water. Close hair cuticles by rinsing with cooler water after shampoo and conditionner. Open hair cuticles are caused by any chemicals, heat, and peroxyde which is how we get the color into the hair (hence the color sealer).  

Don Orlando

25 years experience in all aspects of hair color. I am the Color Director at a well known NYC salon. Member of the American Board Certified Hair Colorists. I will try to answer any and all questions pertaining to hair color and hair color correction in a direct and timely fashion.

25 yrs coloring hair with 15 yrs color director at a large NYC hair salon.

Inter-Couffiere and Wella International

Robert Fiance Beauty Institute NYC, Goldwell Institute and Wella USA

American Board of Certified Hair Colorists