Hairstyling/Exercising with Wave Nouveau

Question
Hello there-

I made an appointment for a wave nouveau this coming saturday.  I am 48 and have had perms in my hair since in Jr high every 2-3 months.  For the past couple of years, I have been getting my hair braided and it is receding.  I thought a wave nouveau would be a good idea and might help with slowing down my receding hairlline.  I should add that a couple of years ago, I started doing Jiu Jitsu (wrestling) four days a week and want to compete in the US Open later on this year.  My concern is whether my active lifestyle (sweating and wrestling) at least four days a week is compatible with a wave nouveau.  If not, any other recommendations?

Answer
Wendy,
 There should be no problem with a Wave Nouveau and sweating. In fact I just did one for a client today and have never cautioned against this. The only concern would be for the first couple days, that you would not want to shampoo it or get it wet, including heavy sweating. After the two days, no problem, or should I say no sweat.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

Hairstyling

Hairman