My hair is fine and appears to be particularly oily. I say 'appears' because despite the fact my hair oils up quickly, it is in a constant state of frizziness, which I assumed is caused by dry hair.

I don't know how to get it to unfrizz. I deep condition it, I don't rub it when I dry it. In fact, I often leave it to air dry. I use heat protectant sprays and anti-frizz sprays. Sometimes I don't use anything at all.

I had my hair styled recently at a hair salon. They shampooed and conditioned it and it seemed to completely straighten up. What did they do that I just can't???

You can have dry hair and oily scalp. They are two different things. One thing I will sugegst is that next time you go to the salon, question everything they do and how they do it to learn what they do that you are missing. They should be glad to share this information with you, especially as it will probably result in additional product purchase by you, so that you can get the same result at home.
 A few things however, to help in the mean time. Use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and comb your conditioner through before rinsing out to better seal the hair strands.
 Use something like a nourishing oil(many contain argan oil or other botanical oils) or silicone sealant, or combination, as many products have. A small amount goes a long way, distributed well and worked into the hair thoroughly. Follow this with a smoothing serum and then a medium hold mousse. Blow dry with a high heat, smoothihg with a large round brush, always directing the heat away from the scalp, pointing to the ends of the hair. This will help to seal down the surface of the hair strand and eliminate frizz and add shine. Don't concentrate the heat in one place, but keep it moving to avoid burning the hair. You can't adequately smooth the hair without proper heat and smoothing.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)  

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in