Hairstyling/How do I go grey gracefully?

9 weeks of grey
9 weeks of grey  
I have below-shoulder length dark brown hair that is lightened up to a warm caramel that is further sun bleached (live is LA) at the end to honey gold. I have been using semi-perm medium brown color for a decade.  At 52, my roots are about 65% white/grey, and at this point I would like to let all that grey come in rather than fighting it. How can I ease that transition?  At the base and nape my hair is still mostly brown with only 5% grey.  But around my face it's pure white and the line between my natural silvery white and the colored hair is really sharp and noticeable. Should I try to tint all my hair dark until the grey can come in a good five inches? I do not want a short cut!  Can I try going grey all over? Or should I tint the grey a blonde color? Help!!

Applying colour to it will only perpetuate the problem. With the variation in amounts of grey that you have it will be difficult to get a smooth transition, since you still have so mush dark in back. However, what I ofet suggest is a heavy highlighting to start. This will break up the contrast between the grey and dark colour in front as it's growing out. Then as it's growing out, shampoo regularly (not every time) with something like Shimmer Lights shampoo. This is a violet shampoo for highlights or blonde hair. This will eventually fade some of the old colour and make the highlihgting look more silver over time. So this way you are getting more of a blending as it's growing out and being cut off. Just an easier transition.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in