Hairstyling/grey hair won't take color

I have been using L'Oreal 10 minute hair color and it worked just fine the first 6 months, but now I have noticed that my new growth of grey hair doesn't seem to take or even at first hold the color for more than a week.  I have tried using their regular permit hair color, but am seeing the same result.  I am wondering if I went to a hair salon and had them color it, if my hair would hold the color or just have the same luck or my other question is should I just try using another hair product?  It has only been a week since I color my hair.

I would suggest going to a salon. 10 minute colour is not really meant for resistant grey. They can use a product, technique and timing that will work better for you. I must mention something that draws my attention however, in your letter. You say it doesn't last more than a week. If it is shampooing out, the salon colour will handle that issue just fine. If however, you are seeing new growth at the scalp after a week, nothing will avoid that. I just wanted to clarify that issue, just in case.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in