Hairstyling/keratin treatment

Question
QUESTION: HI there , ive got a question for you , i have heard several good and bad things about the keratin treatments.
i have natural dark blonde hair , buts it verrry thick , frizzy and most of all poofy! i was just wondering what are your reviews on the keratin treatment ? and also i heard there is different types , what would yo recomend? becuz im really scared that is might damage my hair
thanks  =)

ANSWER: Eva,
 There are good and bad about keratin, as with most products. The bad is the smount of formalehyde in some pproducts, so you want to avoid having them use products with a high formaldehyde content. It can be very irritating and not as safe.
 There are different formulas for different end results. Some formulas reduce curl while eliminationg frizz, while some leave more or all curl in place and just eliminate frizz. Also, some last 4-6 weeks while some can last 2-3 months, depending on how they're done and how you manitain it.  All are meant to shampoo out gradually during this time and then your hair is as it was. They are not meant to change the structure of the hair at all, as a staightenig or relaxer would do, causing them to have to grow out.
 Done properly a keratin treatment will not damage your hair, but rather build it up by bonding liquid keratin to the hair's surface inder high heat. Some things you'll want to be aware of is that the hair should always be totally dry before ironing. If they iron the keratin into the hair while damp this will create damage and can actually burn the natural curl out of your hair. Not a good thing.
So again, done properly it's fine.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

QUESTION: thanks so much for your reply! what do you call these different types of keratin formulas? all i know is the 'global keratin treatment' what do you call the one that keeps the curl and only eliminates frizz?
ps im also thinking of colouring my hair , do i do that before or after the keratin treatment?
thanks for your time

Answer
Eva,
 These are all still called keratin treatments, the exact names varying with the formulas by each brand, depending on the product brands your stylist uses. It's best to let them decide the best product or formula based on your desired result. As for colour, you should have that done right before the keratin treatment, as the treatment will help lock in the colour.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

Hairstyling

Hairman