Hairstyling/mixing bleach and unnatural color

Okay so Sally's sells the hair dye N'tense that is unnatural color (pink, red, blue etc) but it is self bleaching. Now essentially it is just color and powdered bleach so you can skip the bleaching step all together. They work great I have used the pink and the red. So here is where my problem is, they only have a limited amount of colors and I am wanting to do rainbow colored highlights in my hair and they do not carry yellow or green in that brand. So my question is can I buy a different type of yellow dye that isn't the self bleaching and just mix it with powdered bleach??

Although I am not a fan of doing colour at home, what you can do is try to find a similar prodcut in the colours you want. Mixing a non lifting colour with bleach will not work, as the bleach will eat up the colour, rendering it uneffective. The pigments in self bleaching colours are a different type that are unaffected or less by the bleach. So your only option would be to find a similar product in your desired colours or pre-bleach for those colours and use the ones that are available. Also, be very careful with colours next to one another, as they can easily bleed into one another.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in