Hairstyling/Natural black hair to light ash brown

I have natural asian black hair thats pretty thick and semi-coarse. What would be the best option for me to go to a light ash brown using store bought products? I've tried before only to end up with a color much darker than expected or a brown with a ton of brassiness. Just in case you were wondering, the previously processed hair has been cut off.

First of all, I would not suggest doing this with over the counter product. Best to to to a salon. You will not get a light ash brown on natural black hair. The best you can hope for is medium brown with a lot of warmth or brass. What you want would require pre-lightening and the colouring to the ash brown you want. This is why I say have it done professionally.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in