Hairstyling/Hair Color Disaster

Red Orange Roots
Red Orange Roots  
Hair Crisis! Help!
I know your a busy person but I am a Cosmetologist in Atlanta, and I had a latino client today who wanted a light brown haircolor process with her already blonde highlights. Her base color was dark brown. I pre lighten her hair with a 20 creme Vol and bw powder lightener and the proceeded with a color brilliance 5nn light intense brown...I sectioned in fours and applied with a brush and worked the color in by hand. The result bright red orange roots, uneven light brown streaks with the bottom base of the hair still dark brown. Any suggestions on how to take out the red, and give her the light brown color with highlights she asked for.She wasn't upset but will be back in a week to get it fixed.Please help ! Stylist in Distress

Hiya Gwendolyn,

First things first, don't panic. Since you're a hairdresser, I'd prefer you mark this question to private so we can discuss what we need to without having to put in all the disclaimers that we would need if non pros are reading this. No worries. This is a fairly easy fix.

Dana Sear

I can answer questions on all types of hairstyling, cutting, designing, coloring, corrective color, perming techniques,product knowledge, and in general, anything that has anything to do with hair. PLEASE NOTE: I am a professional designer and trainer. I do hair and teach advanced classes to licensed designers. I do not, under any circumstances, recommend doing chemical services including but not limited to relaxers, perms, color, highlights, or any other chemical service at home. I will not tell you how to use professional products nor will I tell you how to do your color at home. What I CAN do is arm you with current and accurate information and help you to be able to better communicate with your stylist/designer. I can also help you with what you need to do at home to maintain, protect, and treat your hair.

I have been a designer and educator for 31 years. I have been a salon consultant for Redken, affiliate trainer for ABBA Pure and Natural, Director of Education for my own salon and am currently a member of the design team and advanced trainer for my company. I specialize in corrective color, perming and style support, and image updates (make overs)

I have been actively licensed for 31 years. I actively participate in and teach cutting, perming, coloring, and business building classes. I am a REDKEN Certified Haircolorist, and REDKEN Specialist. I also have extensive training in Structure in Motion Cutting Techniques and Tigi Cutting.