Hairstyling/professional products

Question
Hello, I am wondering if hair products from salons or professional sellers, make a difference in your hair in contrast to using most of the store bought or target type of store products?  I heard they were PH balanced and the others weren't? Not sure of differences, and what is best.  Thank you!

Answer
Susanne,
 There actually is a difference between many over the counter brands and professional salon brand hair care products, in several ways. The salon products are usually much more concentrated so you need much less product (shampoo, conditioner) to get better results. Since you have to use so much less it costs much less per use, actually saving you money long term or not costing much more than the store brands. Store brands selling for $4.95 a bottle can't possible have the same quality ingredients as one for $10.95. A perfect example. Years ago the salon I worked in carried a well known salon brand. It went "public and started selling in the stores at a much cheaper price. We got a bottle of shampoo and compared the ingredient label to one that we had from before is went over the counter. They read like two different products because they could not use the same ingredients and sell it for half the price. Although is looked the same, it was not the same product as before.
 There is a difference indeed. No one can tell you which products are best because this is a personal preference and will vary with your hair condition, texture and your water, which affects how these products work for you. You have to find what works best for you by trial.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

Hairstyling

Hairman