Hairstyling/Color Symmetry

Question
Is it true that it is common for highlights to not look symmetrical when hair is pulled into a ponytail, or half ponytail?

Answer
Hi Ashley,

Hmmm...this feels like a trick question. LOL I take care with mine to make sure the hair looks the same on both sides. I don't know that I've ever had anyone complain that the highlights didn't look the same on each side. Usually, if the hair is thicker on one side or if the previous highlights weren't even, I do what I can to  make it appear symmetrical. With that being said, if your hair grows differently, for example grows forward on one side and back or down on the other, it may not look exactly the same.

If you had your highlights done and one side is lighter or darker or  not as close to your face or whatever, it would not be unreasonable for you to request it be fixed.

Does that answer your question?

Hairstyling

Dana Sear