Hairstyling/Mom won't let me style my hair as I'd like to

I have really thick curly hair and I can't deal with it. It's impossible to style, too long and thick to straiten on a regular basis, takes up soooo much conditioner, and all I ever do with it is tie it up in a loose pony tail (it pulls at my skull if I do it close). Mom won't let me cut it short because she thinks it'll be harder to handel, and I will hate it, but I've wanted this for a long time

Here's what my hair looks like:

like that, but knoteir, frizzier, and blonde. But the same amount of natural curl, minus the volume. On top it lies sooo flat, except for around my face, at the very front.

here's some ideas on how I'd like it:

please help give me some ideas on how to convince mom and on whether or not something like this would work if you can. I can't get an actual pcture of myself to you at the moment, so sorry for that ^^'. Thank you!

If your hair is as you describe, then these styles you have chosen would be totally unsuited to your hair type. With your hair being curly and wanting to frizz, styles like you've chosen would require daily styling and smoothing. And if it's thicker than the hair in the pictures it would not look like that even after styling. I must concur with your mother on this. Cutting your hair to one of the styles you've attached would be a big mistake. What I would suggest is looking at styles that embrace the curl your have, even if they are shorter or more mid-length styles. At least that way you could apply the proper styling products for curl and control and allow it to dry naturally or enhance the curl with an iron to spotlight it.
The secret to choosing a good style is choosing one that makes the most of your hair rather than fighting it.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in