Hairstyling/Frustratingly Fine Curly Hair!!

Okay, so as the subject states, I have fine curly hair and it is driving me crazy! I don't know what to do with it. When I step out of the shower and let my hair dry, it drys wavy/curly (it's not super curly), which looks great! But if I even so much as sleep, the curl get flattened out, my hair looks straight and I can't get the curly hair again unless I take another shower. Which is kind of hard, I can't keep taking showers after every nap. So I was wondering if you could suggest any products/methods to help me maintain my curls instead of having them flatten out every single day. I know people with fine hair are supposed to wash their hair every day but I've found that if I do that more than twice a week, my hair starts getting unbelievably wispy and frizzy so I don't think that that is an option. As of now, here is my hair care regimen:
-once a week (sometimes twice) I put oil on my hair- a combination of coconut and castor oil. I let that stay overnight and usually wash it off the next day
-twice a week I'll wash my hair with Renpure Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner. I'm pretty sure my hair doesn't like  the shampoos w lots of sulfates and chemicals, I used to use Suave and Tresemme, both products that most people love, and it wrecked my hair. But ever since I switched to this natural stuff, things are better. I used Renpure because it seemed to work and it was affordable (I'm a college student so I run on a tight budget) but if you have a better suggestion, I'd love to hear it!
-sometimes, to revitalize my hair, I'll use Curl Junkie's Coffee Coco Curl Creme light, but I only use a little bit because I'm not sure if its too heavy for my hair
-sometimes, if my hair's looking too greasy and I have no time, I'll use Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo, but it just makes my hair look not greasy, obviously it doesn't bring back any curls
-I also very rarely blow dry or straighten my hair, I don't really use hot tools on my hair but if you could suggest a heat protectant for when I do, that would be great.

Whew, sorry for the long message, all the personal info took up some room. Basically, to reiterate, I just need some help figuring out a way to maintain my curls in this fine, thin hair, preferably a way that isn't exorbitantly pricey or damages my hair.

Thanks for your help!

Thank you for the in depth information. It does give more insight. My response will be fairly simple. While you don't have to shampoo very often, and most shampoo much more than needed, you will have to wet or dampen your hair to bring the curl back in. Nothing will prevent hair, especially fine hair, from flattening and straightening when slept on even for a short time. Just a spray bottle of water with a SMALL amount of any moisturizing conditioner mixed in will work fine for that.
 I often recommend to my clients to shampoo and condition the hair one day and then the next day (or 2-3, depending on your hair and water) just rinse the hair well, as if shampooing. This will get rid of excess oils and environmental debris without drying the hair additionally.
As for a thermal protectant, ant will be fine.
Just as a side note, I'm not a big fan of regular coconut oil and castor oil and such for the hair. It only coats and weights the hair down, as the molecular structure is too big to penetrate and do any real good. Any decent moisture and protein conditioner will give you more intense and lasting benefit.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)  

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in