Hairstyling/Highlights gone wrong

I went to get my hair done by a professional yesterday and wanted to have blonde highlights in my hair, needless to say I ended up with brassy orange and yellow highlights in my hair! Is there anything I can do at home to help correct this? Like a toner or would the purple shampoo help? Please help.

I hate when I hear things like this. They should take more pride than this. YOu don't give any history so I will assume that they were not highlighting over very dark colour that you had done before or anything like that. What you need to do is go back to the salon and show it to them. What they need to do is foil in new highlights and cover up the off tones in between the new foils. This is not a do-it-yourself project for home. They did it wrong so they should make it right. You can't tone hair that is not light enough to begin with as is the case here. It needs to be redone properly and the rest in between covered over.
All the best to you.
Stephe (hairman)

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in