Hairstyling/Laurie Holden's hairstyle on the walking dead

Hi, I was wondering if you have any idea how Laurie Holden's   ( she plays Andrea) hair is styled on the TV show "the Walking Dead". I have a wavy to curly medium length hair that is similar to hers, expect for an unfortunate double cowlick in the back. One gust of wind and it's all over for me unless I put my hair back around the crown.  Currently, I generally use a barrette or snag free elastic, but I am also around Laurie Holden's age and I think her hair, which looks sort knotted in the back,  looks a bit more sophisticated than what I am doing. I would really appreciate any suggestions on how to get this look.

Sorry for the delayed response. I don't watch the show and was trying to find pictures of her style. Since I couldn't find what you described I finally went to Netflix and watched some scenes to see what you described. If I saw the same look you were speaking of it's a fairly casual half pony tail, just pulling back the top half gently. I'll make a suggestion  to spice it up just a bit. Gather back the top section of hair and place in an elastic, but leave just a bit of slack instead of making it tight at all. Then just lift the pony tail, split the hair in half with your finger behind the elastic and tuck the pony tail down behind the elasic and pull through and down. It will give an interesting twist on both sides. You can even increase this look by tucking the tail through a second time.
I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in