Hairstyling/Only parts of my hair takes perm. Why is that?

I've only ever had two perms, but both times a third of my hair hasn't taken it. The other side takes the perm really well, but my whole top layer (The middle section) wouldn't. Both stylists swear up and down that they did everything correctly, so what might the cause be?
Thank you,

This could be caused by a few different things. If your top is the longest part of your hair, it may be too long to wrap the same way as the rest of the hair and would then need to be wrapped with a different technique specific to laonger hair in the top section.
 If it is not longer, then the hair could be compromised in some way, making it more difficult to hold a perm. If this is the case, it would be caused by something that is haooening to the top section of hair from something it is coming in contact with physically. This would take some research to figure out, if this is the case. It could even be something as seemingly simple as the top section of your hair rubbing on the ceiling of your car while you drive, and the friction actually damaging the hair slightly. It could be something you put in the hair regularly in that section, maybe without even knowing. I've seen where seom teachers have very dry sections of hair from rubbing the hand through their hair, not realizing that they are working the chalk on their fingers through the hair and drying it. So you would need to be aware of everything you doo each day to find what it is that your hair is coming in contact with on the top.
I have a feeling however, that it's the first scenario.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in