Hairstyling/color after anathesia

Question
I had two outpatient surgeries within 5 days that required anathesia.After 25 days went to my hairdresser for a cut and color.Expecting same usual color it came out dark brown instead of medium blonde how long should I have waited to try again.

Answer
HIya Jean,

I hope your health is improving. It depends on what was used and the conditon of your hair. Did your stylist use permanent color or demi permanent color? Were you trying to lighten your hair or just add color?

You will have traces of the anesthesia in your hair for up to a year by the way. Generally, when color goes too dark, even if you use the same fomula, it's a porosity issue. What I do for those clients who have had surgery or are taking a lot of medications.

So, If your question is how long you should have waited before you colored your hair, there really is no set time because everyone is different. If your question is, how long do you have to wait before you can fix it, that depends on the condition of your hair and what was used on it to begin with.

Here's what I do for those clients that are in your situation: I start with a clarifier like Malibu C. Then I do a protien treatment. Then, I dry the hair and follow with the color service, and finish with a color sealer. If the client has recently had surgery, a change in medications, or anything of that sort, this is not optional. I won't do the color service without these additional steps. Frankly, I do this on nearly everyone regardless because it prepares the hair and the color comes out more vibrant, lasts longer, and the color is more even.

It should be easy enough to lighten your hair back up so that  it's not too dark but you'll want to have your stylist do a pre-treatment process like this one and follow up with good maintenance products at home.

I can't really tell you much more without knowing more about what was used on you hair. Hope that helps.

dana

Hairstyling

Dana Sear