Hairstyling/My hair not curl after perm

Question

I had a digital perm last month and my hair is not bouncy curl like i wanted it to be.
When i had it that day, i only washed my hair after 2 days. And since then the curls is not so much curl. Its like tiny curl and flat.. I did put mousse or foam to curl it while my hair damp and crunch like the hairstylist told me, but still the curl is not a curl...it looks like beachy waves...i dun want beachy waves, i even told my hairstylist to get me big curls...she did showed her perm hair to me and its big curl,and i agreed to have the same curls like her.

I dun understand why my hair can get that big curl.
Pls help ,maybe u can explain why..

Answer
Alin,
 It depends on many things, especially the natural hair texture. Not all textures can get that large curl. If your hair is finer it will not do it, but just look like wave instead. Also, it depends on how the perm was done. It may not have been done properly for what you wanted. You may need to get a slightly tighter curl to get the look you want. I'd suggest that you go back to the salon as soon as possible and show her your hair and that it is not what you asked for. She should be willing to do it over for you. But again, if your hair is fine you will not be able to get a large curl that will hold and not just look like a wave.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

Hairstyling

Hairman