Hairstyling/Short spiky haircut

Question
Hey Dana,

I have short, partially grey hair, and used to get it cut so it would stand up with, or without, product.  People would stop me all the time to tell me I looked like Jamie Lee Curtis!  I moved, can't get in touch with my old stylist, and now can't find a stylist that can replicate the cut, even with my description and pictures.  Do you know what technique he could have used to get this cut?  

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Holly

Answer
HIya Holly,

Without knowing more about your hair, not really. It sounds like he used a razor and did a lot of texturizing but that's just a guess. That's generally how I do a Jamie Lee Curtis type of pixie. There is a twisting technique that is also done with a razor that is helpful but honestly, if even pictures aren't helping it's possible it's not the cut. Is the water much different in your new place? Are you still using the same products? Many things can affect a change in your hair.

Either way, I'd try to find someone who's intimately acquainted and happy to use a razor. You can't beat an amazing razor cut.

dana  

Hairstyling

Dana Sear