Hairstyling/Tips on what to do with my hair...

Question
Sidecut
Sidecut  
Hi my name is Lydia and I live in Sweden. Over the past year my hair has been trough a rough journey. Let me tell what I have done. My hair has been trough a lot of heat but I would always be careful, and I used to relaxe it very 6 month cause my hair was way to big, meaning afro. I'm a girl of color so basically last summer I colored it in salong in Egypt. To red she was a professional she did it yellow first cause I had brown/black hair then red. It wa healthy and strong then but over the past months I haven't taken care of it and in the back of my head pieces have fallen out. Like my hair used to be longer niw its much shorter then before. And I forgot to mention I shaved half my head like you know Rihanna did, I did it on my left side. Like the girl on the picture, so my hair is still growing its like 10-15 cm. So now it looks dead and ugly, the back of my hair is VERY short it has disappeared. And I'm DONE with my hair so I'm thinking of cutting it and letting it grown again. I have a oval face shape but with a high forehead, so it's long face shape. I'm just asking do you think I should cut it or shave? Or do something else?
Please help !

Answer
Hiya Lydia,

If you like your hair short, it's the best way to start over. I don't know that shaving it is necessary although many people like shaving their heads and wearing it very close. Once hair is damaged to the point of breaking it can't really be repaired. I would recommend doing a couple of quality protein treatments like Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus or Joico Reconstructor. Then, whatever is repairable should be cut.

By the way, short hair is Hot, Hot, Hot right now.

Dana  

Hairstyling

Dana Sear