Hairstyling/Carefree curl problems

Question
I had a carefree curl done by stylist March 28 2013. It did not curl properly.some was curl and some was straight. Stylist suggested that I wait at least 3 weeks so that it can be rerodded. It was rerodded on Wed April 24 and it is worst than it was the first time when she did it. Hair breakage and shedding in top.What can I do?

Answer
Bettye,
 My apology for the delayed response. I suspect that some ends were over processed which would keep it from curling. In a situation like this, processing again, even if only the rodding phase, will still only make it worse because you are adding still more processing to  compromised hair.
All that can be done right now is to condition well on a regular basis to try and build the hair back up again. You would do best using a protein reconstructor followed by a moisturizing conditioner on a regular basis. Any time you use a reconstructor like this follow with moisturizing, as protein, while strengthening the hair, also hardens it and can make it brittle if used too much without moisturizing. This combination usually works best in this situation.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

Hairstyling

Hairman