Hairstyling/cosmetology license application

Question
I would love to ask you as you seem very experienced in this field, Please help me, I want to know how to apply for license, I have read online on the dept of state website and no relevant information was found. I wanted to know if I can apply online for license or should I  print out the form and fill it and deliver it personally or by mail? Also my school certificates, Do they require original or just copies. I do not have subject transcript which it was written on their website as a requirement but I can manage. Please answer my silly question. I asked at a local salon and they didn't help, just said go online, which I didn't find. If you do not know can you please recall from your own experience and help me out.
Thanks a lot.

Answer
AN,
I checked the site and the  license application link is below. http://www.dos.ny.gov/forms/licensing/0034-a.pdf

Of course, you must have completed your cosmetology training. There is a section on the application to be filled in by the school director where you attended to affirm your completion. Once you mail in the form you will recieve a date for your written exam and upon successful completion of that you'll be scheduled for your practical exam. You can also down;oad the step by steps for the practical exam segments to practice, and the link to this page is below.

http://www.dos.ny.gov/licensing/cosmetology/cosmetology.html

If it's been a while since you attended the course I'd suggest signing up at your area cosmetology school for an exam review to take you through the practical exam and help you practice. You'll also want to take all the written exams to practice for the written. You can also buy exam review books with the answer keys at milady.com for practicing for the written exam.

Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)  

Hairstyling

Hairman