Hairstyling/Hair Colour

When I was younger my hair was a light blonde. As I grew older it started to darken. I've had it highlights put in my hair every once in a while for the past few years, and now I'm not a big fan of how it looks. I've been thinking about dying my hair. The only problem is, I don't know what color. I have blue eyes, very fair skin, and freckles. My sister said maybe an auburn or dark brown, but I have no idea what I should do. Please help me.

Thank you(:

The colour you choose would depend on your eye colour and skin tone, as you suspect. Blue eyes usually signify a cooler complexion, so if you choose an auburn or red, it shuold be a cooler red, not warmer. With very fair skin avoid too dark a colour as it can make you look Goth. While this may be fine, you have to be ready to carry this look all the time. Probably a medium red/brown, or brown. Mid range and deeper reds look great with blue eyes also. What you may want to do is go to a wig shop and try on some wigs. Don't worry about the style. Remember, you're just looking at how the colour reflects off your skin and eye colour. That should give you an excellent idea before making the move.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.

I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in