Hairstyling/hairfall and straightening

Question
hi.... i have really intensely curly and frizzy hair and have been struggling to make sense of them. i got extenso done a few times and it really looks great so i want to get it done again. But i have scarce hair on my scalp and a lot of hairfall. i have been taking treatments for the same also including getting my scalp injected and all. with my current hair condition i am worried that extenso would add to the hairfall and i might end up bald. please advice. how can i make the most of my hair and not harm them?

Answer
Shagufta,
 Having a thermal relaxer service like the Extenso will not cause hair to fall out, althouhg it can cause breakage if not done properly. What I mean by this is that there is a difference between hair breaking from a chemical service and falling out from the scalp as with a systemic problem as you are experiencing. And since the Extenso service should could be done without actually touching the scalp it should not cause any additional problem with hair loss. That said, if your hair is weak due to the systemic issue that is causing your hair loss, you could get breakage even if the stylist uses reasonable care.
 Even though this is the case, I would definitely suggest that you ask your doctor who is treating you for this condition and follow their suggestions with regard to any chemical services. Although I can speak in generalities about this your doctor would be familiar with all aspects of your situation and be better able to advise medically than I. I can only advise from a hair pint of view. Always better to be safe.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

Hairstyling

Hairman