Hairstyling/New hairstyle?!

Question
Hi there! I am looking to get a new hairstyle but have no idea what! I have slightly thick, slightly wavy dark brown hair, pale skin and a round face. Also it cant be really short- I need to be able to tie most of it back. And crazy hairstyles are out of the question because of parents. No colors or highlights. Do you have any suggestions? Or any sites where you can figure out what hairstyles suit you? Any help would be appreciated! Thankyou!

Answer
Hiya Kira,

The best way to do this is to do a search for hair styles for round faces. Here's a couple I found for you:

http://beauty.about.com/od/hairstylephotogalleries/ss/roundfa.htm
http://www.dailymakeover.com/trends/slideshow/10-flattering-hairstyles-for-round

Find as many photos as you can, both of styles you like and styles you don't like. Then, take advantage of the free consultations that most reputable salons offer They truly are free. You usually have to have an appointment but they only take about 15 minutes. Take your photos with you and have a pro look at your hair, face shape, bone structure, etc. and tell you what will work best. They'll be able to make suggestions much better when they can see you and your hair. Be prepared to tell them what you like and don't like. For example, you don't want it too short, you want something new; etc. The designer will be able to tell you what will look great, how easy (or not) it will be to style, how often you'll need trims to maintain it. They'll give you several suggestions and ideas. Then, you can decide which ideas you like and don't like. They will probably ask if you want to schedule the appointment to have the cut done and you can do that or tell them you're going to think it over. If you don't particularly like the suggestions you get, try another stylist. The consultaions don't cost anything, you have no obligation to get the cut. When you call to make the appointment just tell them you're looking for suggestions. We do those in our salon all the time. I love doing the consultations.

You can look at photos all day long and find ones you like but we're trained  to look at you, anaylze your hair, face shape, lifestyle, personal style, etc, and design something especially for you. It's a lot of fun too, having the perfect style. To find salons that offer free consultations, all you have to do is call them and ask. I've been doing hair for 31 years and I've never worked in a salon that didn't offer them.

You might just ask friends where they get their hair done and who does it. Referrals are great!

Good luck and have fun with that thick, wavy hair!

dana

Hairstyling

Dana Sear