Hairstyling/premature grey hair- colouring options

Question
Hey Hairman!
I have pre-mature grey hair, scattered all over my head, making up to 20-30% of my hair. I was wondering what would be the best colouring option for me, highlighting or permanently colouring all of my hair? which one would cover the greys more effectively and cause less damage? Please provide me with pros and cons for both. If any other option is better, do suggest!
Details- My natural colour is dark brown, and I am 20 years old.

Thanks.

Answer
Reah,
 With 20-30% grey highlighting will not really cover at all. It will only help blend slightly. You will still see the grey between the highlights. I would probably suggest starting with a non ammonia demi permanent colour to blend the greys for now, having your stylist use a colour just slightly lighter than your natural colour. This will make the greys look almost like highlights, keeping dimension in your hair, while not lightening your natural colour and with no damage. If you want you could add a few highlights just for brightness, but that would be strictly a matter of preference.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)

Hairstyling

Hairman