You are here:

Hairstyling/Color question


Hi! I have a color problem and can't figure it out! :/ ok... I have a client=
that had a pre lightened piece in the fringe area and wanted a silvery grey=
put in it. I was excited and used 10vol. With 12BS and only because she had=
some yellow in her pre lightened hair I added a shot of P mix with it. It w=
orked! It turned out great! She loved it! .... But 7 hrs. Later... She text m=
e that it's not grey  enough. She said she wants a "super light silver "...I=
'm confused:/  I've thought about maybe using 12 BM or even just p mix. Not s=
ure what to do! I want her to LOVE it!


 The main thing to remember here is that the hair has to be light enough to accept and show the desired colour. So you'll probably have to lighten the hair a bit more for that pale silver she wants, otherwise it won't happen. Fortunately it's almost there now. You just have to make sure that no yellow shows in the hair before toning to get that pale silver. You can't get a nice pale silver over residual yellow in the hair.
 Goldwell's color chart shows 12 BM to be more ash than 12BS so that would be your choice. However, I would probably use 20 as it would still generate some lift along with the deposit to keep it clearer looking.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman)


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.


I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]