You are here:

Hairstyling/what cut can my hair have


Hi theere!
Last year i bleached my hair blonde and all that on the right snapped off quite short but didnt happen on the other side. So i kind of have one side longer than the other; the left side is about boob length and the upper layers of the right side are just past my chin now, (ive been wearing it up for a year waiting for the right side to grow back). i can wear it down now, the short bits just look like layering, but still a bit odd (and i've replenished the moisture by dying it brown again).
I want a change of style since its so limp and ive been waiting so long for the right side to get past my chin. Can i have layers put in on both sides or will it not work with the short side. i'm embarrassed to go into a haridressers and ask them for something done if they just say 'nothing can be done with this wonky hair'. or can i have a bob? or what can i have done to this hair?!
here is my hair from the front

and here is the right side, the bits that snapped off
is something like this possible with my snapped off bits?!

 My apology for the delayed response. A couple of things first. Unfortunately, the picture link did not work so I was unable to see your picture, but your description was good enough to tell me what I needed to know. Something that I want to clarify is that although tinting the hair darker can help ti look healthier it will not replenish moisture at all. That will require continued conditioning.
As for your cut, you don't need a bob. From your description there is no reason why you can't have a longer layered style to blend the lengths from the chin length side. That should work fine. And if they say nothing can be done, you are in the wrong salon. Turn and run. Any decent stylist should be able to create a proper look from what you describe without cutting it all short.
Just remember to keep conditioning.
Best of luck to you.
Stephe (hairman )


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




I have been a Licensed cosmetologist in New York state for over 26 years, and am well versed in many areas of the cosmetology and appearance enhancement profession.Specialties however, are hair colour, corrective colour and permanent waving,including the chemical and technical aspects of these services and their effects on the hair.I`m glad to consult on any problems you are having concerning your hair.If I don`t have the answer, I`ll try to get it for you.


I've been licensed for cosmetology in New York State since 1974.I am a salon owner, and very active with the National Cosmetology Association and New York State Cosmetology Associaiton.I am one of only a few hundred people in the United States to be certi

For the field of cosmetology, to become acredited as a state educator for the New York State Education Committee or HairAmerica, you must submit to a full day exam, encompassing written exam, practical segments, lesson plans and presentations to prove our knowledge and teaching skills.The same applies for HAirAmerica.I also becam board certified as a coulourist in the same way, by submitting to a full day exam process.I am also antionally certified for cosmetology by the National Cosmetology Ass

I have received several educational awards from New York State for my educational work on a state and national level.
My web site, still under construction, in

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]