Hairstyling/Growing Hair

Question
It is 5/14/13 10:51PM. So, by August 1st, how long will my hair grow? And, do some people's hair grow LESS than 1/2 an inch a month, or 1/2 a month or higher? You see, school starts in August and I want longer hair..Thanx!

Answer
Hi Angel,

Hair grows, on average, an inch in 4 to 6 weeks. For MOST people, it's about an inch in 6 weeks. Everyone's hair grows differently though and you should already have an idea how fast or slow yours grows. There are certain times of the year when hair grows a bit faster or slower. In general, the more active and healthy you are, the better your hair will grow. My hair grows faster in the summer because that's when I am most active. Exercise, a healthy diet and plenty of sleep will do wonders for your skin, hair and nails. They are all made up of the same thing so they will all respond in a healthy way.

Treating your hair gently, avoiding excessive dryness and split ends is huge too.  Treat your hair like a $600 silk shirt and you won't lose length to split, dry ends. Healthy hair that isn't breaking off seems like it's getting longer faster.

You have about 2 1/2 months so if you don't have any split ends at will break off, you can expect about 1 1/2 inches of growth. How fast or slow your hair grows is hereditary so there isn't muchnyouncan do about that but you can prevent losing length by taking good care of your hair.

Dana

Hairstyling

Dana Sear