Hairstyling/Healthy hair

Question
What do i need to do to get my long natural curly hair back like i had when i was a child?? Will i need to cut my hair or start using different perms or what??

Answer
Hi Titanna,

Without knowing HOW your hair doesn't look like it did when you were a child I can't really answer your question.

I'm assuming you perm it now. How is it different? In general, naturally curly hair is different all over. It may be curlier around the edges, have some curls bigger, some smaller, etc. To get a very natural look from a perm, the perm wrap has to mimic natural curl. Naturally curly hair is seldom exactly the same all over.

How long is your hair now? Do you have any curl at all? Are you perming it now? How is it different? If it is permed, are you having it done in a salon or are you doing it at home? What kind of perms are you using now? Is your hair color treated? What's the texture? How thick is it?

Give me some details. I can't really help you without knowing what you're dealing with, how you'd like it to look vs how it looks now, etc.

dana

Hairstyling

Dana Sear