QUESTION: I've recently bought shea butter (for i've heard of it to be a very good moisturizer for skin and hair), but actually i dont know how to use it.
Also my sister wanted to know a way to get rid of dandruff.
Thanks Dana.

ANSWER: Hi Flower,

In general, younapplynit to damp hair and lav it in but here's an article that you may find useful.

As for dandruff, I like Redken Dandruff Control but any product Wyeth pyrithione zinc in it will work to some degree.  Sometimes we think we have dandruff when it's something else like psoriasis, eczema, or just dry scalp. In general, the treatment is the same; pyrithione zinc, tar based shampoos ( which I REALLY don't recommend) and a lot if people get relief from tea tree oil.  What works for one doesn't necessarily work for another so your sister will have to try products till she finds what works best for her. If she tries several, and none of them work, a dermatologist will need to take a look to see if it's actually dandruff or something else. :c)

QUESTION: yes, thanks a lot for the link, that was really helpful.
I've asked before about shampoo with keratin, are they all safe?
And if i keep on using it till the hair becomes better, i can use normal shampoos again after this right?

As for redken, is it sulphate free and doesn't contain PPD
(because i've read that sulphat and PPD cause itch)
And how can I make my hair grow longer?
Does Eating watercress(argula) help?

ANSWER: Keratin is just protein which is what your hair is made of so in general, yes, keratin shampoos are safe.  The best ones have a bit of moisture in them as well..
The best way to get your hair to grow is to eat healthy, get plenty of rest and exercise. And, keep the dry ends trimmed off. PPD is typically found in hair color. Sulphates and PPD only cause problems in some people. Typically it's an allergic reaction. Unless your allergic to PPD, it won't cause discomfort.

QUESTION: please i had a question again about the thin hair,my cousin had the same problem and she told me that castor oil (or olive oil) helps to make hair thick and long with regular use,,what do you see?
actually,i wanted to try it on that front part but then i'll have to wash my hair of course so i thought that maybe applying it before washing my hair would be better,,or even leaving it the overnight
what do you think?
thanks in advance :)

I have a client that applies it in the evening, just where she needs it, and then shampoo's in the morning. It seems to work for her. I would use the olive oil just because castor oil sounds yucky to me. :c) However you choose to do it, you can apply just a small amount to your fingertips and massage it into your scalp and you wouldn't necessarily need to  shampoo right away. If you're using it for thinning, you don't have to apply it all over from scalp to ends. You can just apply it to the scalp. Olive oil is a very common additive even to professional products because of it's healing and moisturizing properties.

You are most welcome.  

Dana Sear

I can answer questions on all types of hairstyling, cutting, designing, coloring, corrective color, perming techniques,product knowledge, and in general, anything that has anything to do with hair. PLEASE NOTE: I am a professional designer and trainer. I do hair and teach advanced classes to licensed designers. I do not, under any circumstances, recommend doing chemical services including but not limited to relaxers, perms, color, highlights, or any other chemical service at home. I will not tell you how to use professional products nor will I tell you how to do your color at home. What I CAN do is arm you with current and accurate information and help you to be able to better communicate with your stylist/designer. I can also help you with what you need to do at home to maintain, protect, and treat your hair.

I have been a designer and educator for 31 years. I have been a salon consultant for Redken, affiliate trainer for ABBA Pure and Natural, Director of Education for my own salon and am currently a member of the design team and advanced trainer for my company. I specialize in corrective color, perming and style support, and image updates (make overs)

I have been actively licensed for 31 years. I actively participate in and teach cutting, perming, coloring, and business building classes. I am a REDKEN Certified Haircolorist, and REDKEN Specialist. I also have extensive training in Structure in Motion Cutting Techniques and Tigi Cutting.