Hairstyling/conditioner or serum?

I wanted to know which is better to be used after shampoo: conditioner or serum?
and what's the difference between them?
Dana i wanted to tell you about something else, i've used castor oil for taller and thicker eyebrows and actually it worked really good :)
my eyebrows are a little thin (i mean they almost donot appear in pictures!) but their length is nice no problem with it,,
i considered putting some of the castor oil on them but thought that they might get more thick and long ,,
but i'hv not tried it lest they become more long in a way that makes them look not that good,,
what shall i do?
is it okay to use castor oil (with or without olive oil) for thicker eyebrows?
or there is another better way?
thanks :) :)

As far as using the castor oil for your brows,  first you said you tried and it worked, then you said you haven't tried it because you're worried they'll grow out badly. I'm not sure i understand the question. As fir me personally, I'd rather use brow powder than put castor oil on my face.

Conditioner is designed to treat and repair specific issues you're having with your hair. Serum, while some of them do repair, are more designed for maintenance, adding moisture and shine. Shampoo, then condition, then serum.  

Dana Sear

I can answer questions on all types of hairstyling, cutting, designing, coloring, corrective color, perming techniques,product knowledge, and in general, anything that has anything to do with hair. PLEASE NOTE: I am a professional designer and trainer. I do hair and teach advanced classes to licensed designers. I do not, under any circumstances, recommend doing chemical services including but not limited to relaxers, perms, color, highlights, or any other chemical service at home. I will not tell you how to use professional products nor will I tell you how to do your color at home. What I CAN do is arm you with current and accurate information and help you to be able to better communicate with your stylist/designer. I can also help you with what you need to do at home to maintain, protect, and treat your hair.

I have been a designer and educator for 31 years. I have been a salon consultant for Redken, affiliate trainer for ABBA Pure and Natural, Director of Education for my own salon and am currently a member of the design team and advanced trainer for my company. I specialize in corrective color, perming and style support, and image updates (make overs)

I have been actively licensed for 31 years. I actively participate in and teach cutting, perming, coloring, and business building classes. I am a REDKEN Certified Haircolorist, and REDKEN Specialist. I also have extensive training in Structure in Motion Cutting Techniques and Tigi Cutting.