Hair color
Hair color  

I'm a hairstylist and lately I've been trying to achieve this color on myself.I'm a level 10 naturally a level 7.  I've found that the girl in this pictutre uses matrix for the color and Redken Titanuim for the toner. I normally use lightner on my regrowth and the couple times I've had hairstylist friends use high lift  color my roots turn out orange and I have to lighten them myself anyways.Any recommendations on how to achieve this look? I'm completely open to trying other lines as well. I feel like I can never get her color quite right. Thank you!

Hi Andie,

Because this shade is so cool, I'd go with a double process. Lighten to a pale, pale yellow and then tone. Redken Shades EQ would tone this nicely. I have a couple of clients with similar color. I do the double process and do an ombré for the lowlights. Something Like 09V and 09Nb or 09N. Turn out great every time.

Good luck,

Dana Sear

I can answer questions on all types of hairstyling, cutting, designing, coloring, corrective color, perming techniques,product knowledge, and in general, anything that has anything to do with hair. PLEASE NOTE: I am a professional designer and trainer. I do hair and teach advanced classes to licensed designers. I do not, under any circumstances, recommend doing chemical services including but not limited to relaxers, perms, color, highlights, or any other chemical service at home. I will not tell you how to use professional products nor will I tell you how to do your color at home. What I CAN do is arm you with current and accurate information and help you to be able to better communicate with your stylist/designer. I can also help you with what you need to do at home to maintain, protect, and treat your hair.

I have been a designer and educator for 31 years. I have been a salon consultant for Redken, affiliate trainer for ABBA Pure and Natural, Director of Education for my own salon and am currently a member of the design team and advanced trainer for my company. I specialize in corrective color, perming and style support, and image updates (make overs)

I have been actively licensed for 31 years. I actively participate in and teach cutting, perming, coloring, and business building classes. I am a REDKEN Certified Haircolorist, and REDKEN Specialist. I also have extensive training in Structure in Motion Cutting Techniques and Tigi Cutting.