Hairstyling/Digiperm after Rebonding?

Question
Hi Good day! i would just like to seek your advice regarding my hair. I had my last rebond last January of 2013 and now my hair is growing back with a vengeance because i notice that some part of my hair at the back had been fallin out, maybe due to the chemical used from my past rebond sessions. I'm thinking if is it ok to digiperm my hair with this kind of situation. I'm a little scared that if i perm my hair without seeking advice from the expert, it would really damaged my hair more. I would really appreciate if you will help me with my query. Thanks you so much for your site its been a great help for everyone.

Answer
Hi Ivy,

I wouldn't advise it unless you have the same person do the digiperm did  the rebonding. Many chemicals are not compatible and even though you had the last rebonding in January, with the exception of the new hair that's grown since January, that rebonding is still there. What happens chemically doesn't go away. I don't do the digiperms but I would recommend having a stylist look at your hair in person to decide for certain, but if you had breakage from the rebonding service, I wouldn't overlap the two services.

Good luck,

Dana

Hairstyling

Dana Sear